As we approach the end of the year I like to do some self-reflection. See where I succeeded and what I could improve on. I also like to start planning for the next year as far as goals and what plans do I have for my money. Well onto what I accomplished this year.
I Rocked it this year!
- Grew my stash from about $63K to $96K on about a $50K Income. The goal was to hit an $85K net worth.
- I started this blog to share my journey and have been interviewed by 3 people.
- Completed my AA with honors and started my BS in Finance.
- Read more books this year than in the last 3 years.
- I learned how to better spend my time on what I consider valuable. I’m more intentional with my time and money.
- I’m in such a great position in life. Volunteered a ton and donated a bunch of stuff I didn’t use in my apartment.
I did not realize how much I accomplished until I took some time to self-reflect. I still have a ton to learn as I stay on this path to reach financial Independence.
I have some big plans for 2018. Not all are related to finances though. Not everything has to be related to finances. Rember the goal is to have a life of value that you are happy with. I also hand write or type my goals and I post them in my bathroom. This way every morning I can see them and make sure I’m doing something that will get me closer to completing them. This helps me with being more intentional with my time and what I do every day.
- I want to make my blog site better for my audience by making sure it’s user-friendly and keeps you involved. I also want to be more consistent on when I post articles and how often that will be. I also want to really figure out my target audience and let that flow in my writing.
- Get 3-4 college classes done. This does not seem like many classes. I’m active duty Marine so sometimes my workload and time at work can be a challenge for taking college classes. I’m also due for orders in 2018 so that will affect me taking college classes.
- Go to Drill Instructor school for the Marines and finish. These are the orders I am waiting to hear if I will get or not.
- Read more books. I slacked in 2017 from what I wanted. I did read about 6 books this year. I’d like to read more in 2018. I have a long list of books. No, really my list has about 12 books and counting.
- Hit $115K-$130K net worth. But that has a ton to do with the market so really save $25K or about 50% of my income. I have seen first hand the power of a high savings rate has on building my stash.
- Grow my EF from $6K to $15K. This is a priority for me, I want to grow it mainly for future big purchases like a dog and replacement car. It also is not bad to have a little heavier of a cash cushion.
- Max Roth IRA at $5,500.
- Start to learn how to code. I think this would be a really great skill to learn that would be great for future side hustles or part-time jobs. Also, there are tons of ways to learn how to do it for completely free.
What are your goals for 2018? Let’s ROCK this year together!
Thanks for stopping by. I use affiliate links to support this site at no cost to you if you believe you get value, please consider supporting me by clicking.
My favorite free financial tool to manage my net worth is Personal Capital. You get a $20 Amazon gift card for signing up.
My favorite free investing platform is M1 Finance. You get $10 for signing up. No trading or management fees plus you can buy fractional shares.
My favorite phone service is Mint Mobile. You get a $15 renewal credit for signing up. I get a year of phone service for a rock bottom price of $240. As a guy who travels and lives in an RV full-time, this service has been amazing.