First I want to go over a few key points on why I want to do this monthly RV cost review.
- I have not found any Full-Time RV living cost break downs
- Keep me accountable
- Track my true RV costs
- Show others it might be an option to not only accelerate their FIRE journey but build a more intentional lifestyle.
- RV Payment $209 (also put $300 toward the principle)
- Truck Payment $89
- RV Insurance Payment $216
- This is for 12 months of insurance.
- RV Registration $0
- Truck Insurance $0
- No insurance costs because I paid for the next 6 months in June’s update.
- Truck Registration $0
- Campground Site $614
- This covered 30 days at our Point Loma site and a week at our Lake Morena adventure we did.
- Propane $0
- Gas $0
- Misc $0
- We actually did not have to buy anything this month.
Total – $1,128
2020 Total – $15,016
You can find a list of all the RV gear we love here. Let’s not forget our list of RV maintenance supplies here.
RV Lifestyle Thoughts
November we went on another adventure. We spent a week in Lake Morena. It was really cold and wet for the first few days. Yet after that, it was incredible. Great views, not many people around, trails, and puppies.
I really love being able to be so mobile and flexible living in an RV. It’s honestly the perfect setup for FI/FIRE folks especially those who are nomads. Even more so for people that are wanting to live in a new area but are not sure if they would love it or not. There were herds of turkeys right outside of our front door!
Almost one year living in the RV! It’s crazy how cheap this lifestyle can be while being so fulfilling at the same time.
In case you missed it here is last month’s breakdown. Keep on the journey and path!
Thanks for stopping by. I use affiliate links to support this site at no cost to you if you believe you get value, please consider supporting me by clicking.
My favorite free financial tool to manage my net worth is Personal Capital. You get a $20 Amazon gift card for signing up.
My favorite free investing platform is M1 Finance. You get $10 for signing up. No trading or management fees plus you can buy fractional shares.
My favorite Credit Card Hack is American Express Platinum, Hilton Honors Aspire, and Bonvoy Brilliant AMEX. So far they paid me over $2,200 this year to use these cards.
My favorite phone service is Mint Mobile. You get a $15 renewal credit for signing up. I get a year of phone service for a rock bottom price of $240. As a guy who travels and lives in an RV full-time, this service has been amazing.